How To Clean Microfiber Furniture
Cleaning Microfiber furniture can be a bit tricky, especially if you don’t know how to do it. Here are some tips to help you.
Cleaning microfiber furniture is a bit of a difficult situation. Yet, today, there are many people buying this beautiful product. It looks great and it feels great, but what happens when someone spills something or the kid’s attack the product with greasy fingers? There are many things that can happen to your great looking couch or other microfiber product. Here are some things that may be able to help you to get the job done and come out with great looking furniture.
The first thing that you need to do when it comes to your microfiber furniture is to read the tag. To tell you to do something and then it be something that you should not do would be wrong. So, take a moment to look at the tag that comes with your furniture. This will at least tell you what not to do with your furniture.
Once you do that, try these tips for help with microfiber products.
• Vacuum it with the attachment of a high powered vacuum cleaner. This will remove the lint, debris and the pet hair that gets into it. You should try to do this at least once per month, more if you have children.
• Get to the spills quickly. If something spills onto your furniture, grab an absorbent white terry cloth and blot the stain. Do not scrub it as this will worsen it. Blot out until completely dry.
• Use a mild detergent to wash stains or spots. Do not use bleaching products on your furniture as this will discolor it. You will want to use as little as you can to wash the furniture. Blot on and then blot off, no scrubbing.
• If that does not work, consider dry cleaning products. Make sure that the product that you purchase is capable of cleaning the product that you want to use it on. Most will tell you right on the bottom what to do.
• Professionally have it cleaned. If you have stains or just want the furniture cleaned, take it to a professional. You will not have to worry about using the wrong chemical. Also, carpet washers that have attachments can cause the microfiber to wrinkle and shrink. Avoid this and instead have a professional handle deep cleaning.
While microfiber furniture is all the rage, to keep it in check and looking great you do need to take the time to clean it the right way.